Bear with me folks, if you’re not on my FB updates. . .I have been rocking the most amazing strain of the flu for the better part of a week. Good news, giving me an even better head start on fitness goals for the new year, bad news, it’s made me slower at responding to emails and voicemail. I promise to get back with all of you, ideally, emails are a tad bit easier for me to more swiftly respond and it saves you from delicate coughing fits over the phone. Generally, I get a bug only one a year. . .I have to be pretty dang blessed it’s been such a busy week month which makes me ready to dive back into work. . .if only the boss would quit sending me home early. Keep emailing, calling, texting. I can still crank out lots of research and contracts from the sick bay!
What does 2011 have in store for you and yours? My list is growing and it’s incredibly exciting! I have been so blessed to be able to work in an injured economy and have had the good fortune of working with some lovely clients but finally ready to turn my to-do list towards some amazing personal goals.
1. Name change (seriously a pain in the butt, finally getting off mine to get this completed)
2. Dark days are over and I’m finally getting back to my sunny, blonde roots.
3. Passport, super embarassing that I don’t have one and I have one very special trip in mind to mark my first stamp.
4. Learn to ski. So much of the white stuff this year has me inspired and living generally in warm locales has made it tough thus far but looking forward to the challenge and I’m sure an opportunity to belly laugh many, many times.
5. Soul cleaning. I have made peace and put in the past several relationships that weren’t worthy of following me into 2011. I am saying thank you more and a few needed “mea culpa” conversations with folks I love. It has felt wonderful.
6. Personal projects are getting more attention like writing and pitching some exciting ideas.
7. Reading an embrassing amount of books, I can’t wait.
8. Becoming the coolest Aunt possible to my favorite brother’s soon-to-arrive-daughter, I’m so excited for them I can barely contain myself!
9. Make many promised trips to wonderful friends in amazing places: Portland, Seattle, San Francisco, Washington D.C, Las Vegas and more. . .and stop waiting to be “in a relationship” to justify a trip. Solo or with someone fun, trips are a blast regardless, I have a talent for finding fun no matter where I happen to be, so I need to get on with it already.
10. **Slightly embarrassing snowstorm/head cold/quiet afternoon wistfulness removed “here.” If you read what was here when originally posted, Yeah, I think I’m getting more ready for it and can’t wait to see what’s behind the next corner.
11. Appreciate every moment this year. I’m a lucky, lucky girl surrounded by some of the most amazing and talented folks and I plan to let them know more often.
12. Last year I reclaimed my health, the last few months, it’s my body. With every crunch, lunge and mile and every breakfast/lunch/dinner of egg whites, I feel more like my old self. Taking time out to take care of my body, isn’t a luxury or vain, it’s basic survival. A meeting isn’t more important than taking time to care for my heart or my heinekin. I’m rid of personal guilt trips.
The list goes OOOOOOOOOnnnnn in my journal but these are my major priorities. I hope 2011 is full of clarity and perhaps a braver heart for you as well.
Single family homesites starting in the 180’s, less than a two minute drive to the back gate on highway 172 to Camp Lejeune! For more info, shoot me an email to McKenzieSellsHomes@gmail.com . . .for a list of all floorplan options as well as various upgrade choices. Sneads Ferry area not for you? I can help you with a specialized collection of homes that meet your wish list. . .down to heated square footage, proximity to beachs, specific schools and more!
Participate in the renovation of a neat waterfront home on www.Diynetwork.com Vote on each step, down to the kitchen sink!
http://www.diynetwork.com/blog-cabin/index.html?xp=blog This is the direct link to the “Blog-Cabin”
Great links for pay info, of course, there’s mypay as well for military personnel.
http://dinkytown.net/ my favorite financial calculator site.
Feel free to contact me anytime with your real estate and market questions. Looking for bank owned? Looking to invest? Looking to see or rent your home? I have lots of answers if you have lots of questions.
Print for sale on Etsy.com for twenty bucks. . .
Check out this great Ted speech: http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_gilbert_asks_why_are_we_happy.html